Wednesday January 28th BC Robotics will be hosting Arduino night once again. Officially we start at 7:00 PM and as always there will be a selection of parts and accessories available for purchase from BC Robotics starting at 6:00 PM.
Our January 27th general meeting is this week, at 7 PM. I hope to see you all there!
Topics of discussion include our finances, Makerspace inprovements such as the soldering station, community interaction, and general feedback from our members – not to mention anything important that is brought up from you guys!
On Monday, January 26th at 6PM, Shaw Go! Island will be on location at the makerspace to shine a spotlight on our members, our projects, and our community! We’re looking for any interested makers to have their projects set up, ready to show off, or even just to be there and talk a little about the makerspace or themselves.
We are on “U-toob“!
We are back at it again starting this week! Wednesday January 14th BC Robotics will be hosting the first Arduino night of 2015. Officially we start at 7:00 PM and as always there will be a selection of parts and accessories available for purchase from BC Robotics starting at 6:00 PM.
Great news from Friday night, our internet is back and better than ever! We’ve upgraded to Shaw and expect no further internet issues or random downtimes. Rejoice!
BC Robotics will be hosting another Arduino Night here at the makerspace this evening. There will be a slight change to the format of Arduino night as it is going to be more oriented to working on your own projects with access to help on hand (As discussed at our last meeting). We suggest showing up around 7:00 PM.
As usual they will have a bunch of goodies on hand from 6:30 onwards if you feel like browsing some Arduino products in person.
Raspberry Jam – come and see what you can do with a Raspberry Pi computer
A Raspberry Jam is
- your chance to find out about the Raspberry Pi computer*
- your chance to share what you’ve been doing with a Pi
- a chance to find out what other enthusiasts have been doing with Pi’s
Come to MakerSpace Nanaimo on Sunday 7th December at 2pm to join in the fun. There will be demos, discussions, explanations, a variety of Pi’s set up to try out and add-on boards that let you do, well, pretty much anything you can imagine.
Attendance is free; kids are welcome but must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
* Not familiar with the Raspberry Pi? Take a look at RaspberryPi.Org and learn about this amazing little machine. It’s powerful, flexible, cheap and the coolest thing to happen to computers in ages.
Today we have purchased a new 3d printer. A big thank you goes out to the members and sponsors that donated the money to make this possible.
- Model: 1403
- Build Volume: 6″ x 6″ x 6″ / 150mm x 150mm x 150mm / 215 cubic inches
- Print Resolution: 100 Microns
- Print Speed: 80mm/sec max recommended
- Filament: 1.75mm PLA (sample included)
- Extruder: Alu Extruder (direct drive). 1.75mm Ubis Hot End with 0.4mm nozzle
- Auto Leveling: Auto-Leveling Probe works with software to calibrate Z axis height (see video)
- Print Bed: Not heated
- Construction: Powder coated steel and aluminum body with 8mm and 12mm diameter linear shaft
- Belt: GT2
- Pulleys: 20 tooth, dual flange GT2 aluminum
- Electronics: Printrbot Rev F Printrboard with micro-USB connection (cable included) and micro SD card slot for untethered printing
- Power Requirements: 12V (6 amp) laptop power supply (included)
- Max Current Draw: 4.5 amps
- Motors: NEMA 17 stepper
- Overall Footprint*: 18″ x 17″ x 13″ (L x W x H)
BC Robotics will be hosting another Arduino Night here at the makerspace this coming Wednesday November 19th. The Arduino night seminar is loosely based on the guide found within the Arduino Starter Kit. It is recommend that you have the kit, but it is not necessary to participate. We suggest showing up around 7:00 PM to get set up as the seminar will be starting at 7:30 PM sharp!
As usual they will have a bunch of goodies on hand from 6:30 – 7:30 PM if you feel like browsing some Arduino products in person.
Owen, our woodworking shop leader, is putting on a workshop this Tuesday at 7, taking attendees through some woodworking basics. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in attending!